[TYPO3-core] i missed the dummy package

Ralf-Rene Schröder ralf.rene at online.de
Wed Jul 6 00:09:07 CEST 2011

Am 05.07.2011 20:40, schrieb Jigal van Hemert:
> Hi,
>
> On 5-7-2011 18:13, Ralf-Rene Schröder wrote:
>> just today i realized that the dummy-package isn't availible anymore
>> i missed it realy, because with this it was easy to setup a symlink
>> installation with a simple script
>
> There are several packages available which seem to me to cover the
> entire range:
> - Introduction Package: symlinked (tar.gz) and without symlinks (zip)
> (TYPO3 4.5 and later)
> - Source: tar.gz and zip (only typo3_src.x.x.8 directory)
> - Blank Package: symlinked (tar.gz) and without symlinks (zip)

Thanks... that is what i need, i havn't realized that the tar.gz is
symlinked
in the past i always do it myself with a litle script

>> sure i can extract the dummy myself
>> but in the past i can give away the install script and the user could be
>> sure that all downloaded material comes direct from the TYPO3 Homepage...
>> another way is to use an old dummy, but "using 4.5 source withe a 4.3
>> dummy" this isn't looking very good for the users
>
> Source + dummy = Blank Package, so why do you need the Dummy actually?
>
> If there is a good use case for it, the release managers might be
> convinced to recreate it.

see above... sorry, the only use is  to get a symlinked installation
and i don't realized the difference between zip and tar.gz
with this information all works for me (i only have to change my old
install scripts)

René