[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #17244: Error Message while Updating 4.4.6 > 4.5

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Fri Jan 28 16:31:05 CET 2011

Hi,

Am 28.01.2011 14:09, schrieb François Suter:
> Hi,
>
>> as the class tx_em_Connection_ExtDirectServer is nearly independent from
>> present?
>
> I would think not. Calling tx_em_Connection_ExtDirectServer is just the
> start of the process. Quite a few other "em" classes are called after
> that, aren't they? In this case it is better to build a dependency on
> "em" rather than having duplicate code for installing extensions in the
> Install Tool (as we had until now / still have, but could now be
> deprecated).

it's true that other classes are instanced as well. Though no class use
t3lib_extMgm::extPath('em') (the api still does, but i will change that,
and index.php which is not needed at all) the only thing is needed is
the ext_autoload of em. So with using this one we are independent from
em being installed.

@Ernesto - i don't think moving this to t3lib is a good idea. It's a
specialized API which is only em and should resist in em.

I only would like not to overcomplicate the install process, so after my
change in API i would simply add the ext_autoload, and all classes can
be found.

vg Steffen