[TYPO3-core] RFC: #15129: Backend search is unusable for editors

Sebastian Fischer sf at marketing-factory.de
Tue Jan 25 10:23:57 CET 2011

On 14.01.2011 20:10, Christian Kuhn wrote:
> Hey,
>
> On 01/06/2011 09:37 AM, Sebastian Fischer wrote:
>
> This patch won't make it to 4.2 anymore (only heavy issues and
> security), even 4.3 might be questionable, imho Oliver should decide.
>
> Patch is not ready yet:
>
> Nitpicks:
> if (strlen($this->searchString) AND
> strlen($GLOBALS['BE_USER']->groupData['webmounts'])) {
> AND -> &&
>
> $pidSelect = 'pid in (' . implode(',', $pageIds) . ')';
> in -> IN
>
> Issues:
> This code is executed for every table again, maybe we could store the
> output somewhere?
> pidList is already determined in start(). If you overwrite it in
> makeQueryArray() again, the pidList is broken if the search input at the
> bottom of the list module is searched: It then always starts at top
> mountpoint (0 for admins), instead of currently selected subpage.
>
> Regards
> Christian

Took some time but i have another patch set as suggestion.

Now it fullfills the nitpicks and mentions state that the result was not
stored.
Beside that the mount points get only considered when the search was
made with the search-query field which is the name of the top right search.

Did i miss something? Any further ideas?

Greetings
Sebastian

PS: trunk is agains checkout made on 24.01.2011 at 4 o'clock.