[TYPO3-core] RFC #17267: Live search is unusable with Oracle

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Mon Jan 24 17:27:56 CET 2011

On 1/24/11 7:56 AM, Xavier Perseguers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is an SVN patch request.
>
> Type: Bugfix
>
> BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=17267
>
> Branches: trunk
>
> Problem:
> Live search issues a query with all fields from a table but takes care
> of removing integer columns. However, when running as admin, uid and pid
> are added to the list of fields and those columns are integer.
>
> The underlying generated search query uses a LIKE for each and every
> column. This is invalid for Oracle as a number column cannot be used
> with LIKE as it is possible with MySQL. Furthermore, it does not make
> sense to search in such columns for some textual content the user may
> have entered.
>
> Cheers
> Xavier

Thanks for taking care of this one!  +1 on reading and testing
(non-dbal) with two minor comments...

* I think the CGL discourages assigning variables in an if statement,
but suggests wrapping them in an extra set of parenthesis when it is done.

* In the if statement handling the PID field, uidPos is still used as
the variable name instead of pidPos.

Thanks,
Jeff