[TYPO3-core] [TYPO3-v4] Postponing RC1 to Saturday in the afternoon

Ernesto Baschny ernesto.baschny at typo3.org
Sat Jan 22 02:34:03 CET 2011

Hi,

due to unexpected long sessions of reviewing of the most various kinds,
and due to the late hour already (at least in GMT+1), we decided to
postpone the release of RC1 to Saturday in the afternoon.

The discussions we had this night were important to allow us to decide
on several matters, and several "last minute" changes were also crutial
to provide the necessary stability in our API.

Since "RC1" doesn't mean "development snapshot" but a stable candidate
that we would expect to be "as good as the final product", we hope that
we get the next hours to test those changes from today even further and
then achieve a real stable version.

The plan that follows is unchanged:

- a potential RC2 to be released on Monday afternoon and
- final release 4.5.0 on Wednesday 26th

Thanks for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience! You can always
check out our current typo3_src trunk to get the latest development.

Cheers,
Ernesto

--
Ernesto Baschny