[TYPO3-core] RFC: #17193 Plupload should support overwriting of files

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Sat Jan 22 01:50:46 CET 2011

Steffen Gebert schrieb am 22.01.2011 00:33:

> I've just tested the patch and plupload together with Steffen. He
> already made some adjustments.

Thanks for your intensive tests, Steffen's. I also did some testings and
I came to similar conclusions as Steffen Gebert (or even worse, as html4
was not working at all, Flash giving "IO Errors", ...). The error
handling is very misleading and the missing "initialization" of the
uploader might be the source of other kinds of problems.

So Steffen K and myself decided to revert this feature, and postpone it
to 4.6, so that we have enough time to really make it rock solid stable
and at the end a drop in *replacement* of SwfUploader and not yet
another uploader which we have to support. And to make this happen,
using hopefully an unified API provided by FAL for file uploading!

Other than that, I have heard that Plupload itself is being actively
maintained and fixed, so we expect to see a much more stable version in
a near future.

Committed the reversal to rev. 10237.

Cheers,
Ernesto

PS:

> General Feeling
> * Why is the window called "File Upload Progress"? ;-)

that's also the title of the SwfUploads, the same label was only reused. :)

Cheers,
Ernesto