[TYPO3-core] RFC #17175: t3lib_compressor should write .htaccess

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Fri Jan 21 01:08:37 CET 2011

On 01/21/2011 12:59 AM, Christian Kuhn wrote:
> On 01/21/2011 12:40 AM, Steffen Gebert wrote:
>> Solution:
>> Make t3lib_compressor write an .htaccess file to typo3temp/compressor/,
>> which adds the rules, which are also used in other party of the core.
>
> -1

Another reason: You write this file every time __construct() is called
(read: For nearly every call). This leads to a rewrite of the file every
time a page is called. What if and admin wants to change ExpiresDefault
"access plus 7 days" to something different?

Veto to this patch.

Sorry, no offense taken, imho we must find other solutions (ship with
dummy / introduction or something like that).

Regards
Christian