[TYPO3-core] RFC #17175: t3lib_compressor should write .htaccess

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Fri Jan 21 00:59:22 CET 2011

On 01/21/2011 12:40 AM, Steffen Gebert wrote:
> Solution:
> Make t3lib_compressor write an .htaccess file to typo3temp/compressor/,
> which adds the rules, which are also used in other party of the core.

-1

.htaccess is specific to apache. TYPO3 runs with many more webservers
(apache, IIS, nginx, lighthttpd, ...). This is a problem on admin level,
but not for TYPO3 itself. We could add an example to _.htaccess to give
admins an information on how it should be done if using apache, but not
more.
Especially, we shouldn't write .htaccess files during runtime, it's a
setup issue, not runtime.

Regards
Christian