[TYPO3-core] RFC #11103: Improve advanced_htaccess and make it more compatible

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Thu Jan 20 19:27:13 CET 2011

Hi,

after Skyping with Steffen about it, we decided to optimize this more.
And while going through the file, I also made some very needed cleanups:

1) dropped the example for frontend "compression". We recommend to use
our "compressionLevel" for the BE, and the examples for Apache would
also affect these calls. And anyway those were outdated (references to
Netscape 4 etc)...

2) I changed the max width per line to 100 chars, so that the file got
more compact. Does anyone opens this file on a 80x24 anymore? :)

3) went through the text and stripped ancient and redundant information.
File is now 121 lines (was 192).

See attached v4. Steffen G, what do you think?

Cheers,
Ernesto