[TYPO3-core] RFC #16685: Bug: bad performance - not using table index while deleting cached imagesize [performance]

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Tue Jan 18 21:29:36 CET 2011

On 01/16/2011 06:40 AM, Vladimir Podkovanov wrote:
> Branches: TYPO3_4-4, trunk

trunk only for now. If we get another serious read+test by anyone we
could consider 4.4 (no db changes required).

> Problem:
> When deleting row from cache_imagesizes table index not used that
> causing full table scan and it is a problem on big table.
>
> Solution:
> Change "where" clause to use primary index.

Good improvement!

+1 on reading and testing.

Committed attached patch (with go from Ernesto) to trunk rev. 10122.

Attached version does some additional cleanup:
* Remove global statement
* Use exec_SELECTgetSingleRow()
* Remove early return
* Better variable names