[TYPO3-core] RFC #17060: Only log complete page cache flushes

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Sun Jan 16 12:47:27 CET 2011

Hi!

This is a SVN patch request.

Type: Bugfix

Bugtracker reference:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=17060

Branches:
trunk

Problem:
#15305 introduced a logging of every call to
t3lib_TCEmain::clear_cacheCmd($cacheCmd).

Quote of the oringinal poster:
 > It is sometimes necessary to know, which user has cleared the cache,
 > especially if you got a large website and this cache clearing caused
 > some troubles.
 > Because of this every cache clearing action should appear in the Log
 >module.

I don't expect cache clearings of a single page to cause big trouble,
however I agree with logging of cache flushes.

Reason, why I'd like to change this: If you manually call cacheCmd()
with always a page IDs as parameter, you flood your logs.
Imagine, you only want to clear cache of a branch recursively, you have
to call it hundreds/thousand times - and create that many log entries.

Solution:
Move logging to internal_clearPageCache(), which flushes the whole page
cache.

Note:
And example extension, making use of single calls to clear_cacheCmd() is
stg_clearcache, which allows editors to clear the cache of a branch, to
which they have access (using the existing "Clear cache of this page"
icon). This is handy for *large* sites, as you don't have to allow them
to flush the *whole* page cache.

Kind regards
Steffen

--