[TYPO3-core] RFC #17114: Bug: Install Tool does not install extensions properly

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Tue Jan 18 18:03:13 CET 2011

This is an SVN patch request.

Type: Bugfix

Bugtracker references:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=17114

Branches:
Trunk

Problem:
The Install Tool contains an API for adding new extensions
(tx_coreupdates_installsysexts::addExtToList() and
tx_coreupdates_installsysexts::writeNewExtensionList()). These methods
are very, very simple and don't take into account such factors as:

- extension priority (top, middle, bottom)
- double extension list since 4.4 (extList and extList_FE)

This issue appeared while working on the workspaces migration wizard,
which may need to install such extensions as version, workspaces,
extbase and fluid.

Solution:
Use the API provided by the Extension Manager (thanks to Ernesto for the
sample code).

Notes:
1) this patch adds a new method to tx_coreupdates_installsysexts to
directly install an extension. As such I have marked as deprecated
addExtToList() and writeNewExtensionList() because they should not be
used anymore. I don't know if it's proper to make deprecation calls in
the Install Tool.
2) this patch touches on tx_em_Connection_ExtDirectServer because this
class creates an instance of "template" which is not autoloaded. So a
require_once was added. This was apparently not necessary before,
probably because it is instantiated in contexts where "template" is
already loaded. If there's a better solution, I'm interested.

Cheers

--
Francois Suter