[TYPO3-core] RFC #11103: Improve advanced_htaccess and make it more compatible

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Tue Jan 18 15:03:15 CET 2011

On 17.11.10 12:45, Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thanks for the nice work!
>
> Committed v3 to trunk rev. 9445.
>
> Also updated NEWS.txt highlighting this change.

I just noticed that in v3 the following lines have been added:
+# If the Apache modules mod_gzip or mod_deflate are activated, you should
+# use their compression functions instead.
+# You find an example configuration below.

That's simply wrong!
The paragraph, where this text belongs to is about the compressor stuff.
Using mod_gzip is worse, as it recompresses every time. That's why we
compress once and deliver often.

Ernesto, could you please remove that paragraph?

Kind regards
Steffen

--
Steffen Gebert