[TYPO3-core] RFC #17027: Deprecate safe_mode

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sun Jan 16 08:09:11 CET 2011

Hi,

On 16-1-2011 0:36, Steffen Gebert wrote:
>> First, deprecating means that we will still support it (sort of), and
>> that we can refuse to support it only with 4.7 (if we keep the normal
>> interval).
>
> I was told that "environment dependencies" doesn't have to be deprecated
> or at least not for two versions (was with the Imagemagick deprecation).
> 2-version-policy only for PHP functions.

Even better! I'd say then we could:
1. ignore problems with safe_mode in 4.5 if they can't be (easily)
solved. So, if it is possible with a little trouble to take it into
account we should do that, but it shouldn't stop us from fixing things
if it doesn't seem possible to provide a solution when safe_mode is enabled.
2. require safe_mode to be disabled in 4.6 and later. Remove code which
is there only for safe_mode and add throw an exception if TYPO3 is used
in an environment with safe_mode enabled

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert