[TYPO3-core] RFC #17027: Deprecate safe_mode

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sat Jan 15 20:16:27 CET 2011

Hi,

On 15-1-2011 16:41, Ingo Renner wrote:
> So I'd say try to fix issues with safe mode if possible and wait with
> deprecating it until TYPO3 4.6.

First, deprecating means that we will still support it (sort of), and
that we can refuse to support it only with 4.7 (if we keep the normal
interval).

Secondly, the PHP documentation has discouraged the use for quite some
time and "admitted" that it was an incorrect concept.

Can you take a look at the issues marked "safe_mode" in [1] and suggest
a solution? (That's an honest request, not an argument in the
discussion. I (and a few others) don't see a solution which supports
safe_mode.)

[1] http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3v45-projects/wiki/DIP_taskforce

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,