[TYPO3-core] RFC #17027: Deprecate safe_mode

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Sat Jan 15 16:41:08 CET 2011

Steffen Gebert wrote:

Hi Steffen,

> Note:
> There are non-fixable problems with IM on Windows with safe_mode and the
> spl_autoload() calls from Extbase seems also to be possible with safe_mode.
> Furthermore, safe_mode is officially deprecated by the PHP guys since
> 5.3 [1]

Since we currently support 5.2, I wouldn't like to come up with a 5.3
argument for TYPO3 4.5.

I would like to use the 6 month release cycles and the introduction of
LTS releases as an argument to require PHP5.3 for TYPO3 4.6 though.
After all PHP5.2 is at the end of its life and 5.3 has been around for
more than two years now.

So I'd say try to fix issues with safe mode if possible and wait with
deprecating it until TYPO3 4.6.

best
Ingo

--
Ingo Renner
TYPO3 Core Developer, Release Manager TYPO3 4.2, Admin Google Summer of Code

TYPO3 - Open Source Enterprise Content Management System
http://typo3.org

Apache Solr for TYPO3 -
Open Source Enterprise Search meets Open Source Enterprise CMS
http://www.typo3-solr.com