[TYPO3-core] RFC #17001: Spelling HTML5

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Fri Jan 14 14:36:36 CET 2011

Hi,

On 14-1-2011 13:35, Sebastian Michaelsen wrote:
> Type: Typo, Bug

It's definitely not a typo...

> With config.doctype = html_5 you can render your Website as a HTML5
> document. What hurts me every time when I use this is the underscore.
> Please try the following. Type "typo_3". Does it hurt? You know how I
> feel ;)

I don't see the relationship to the brand name "TYPO3", but the reason
for the underscore is obvious:

xhtml_trans, xhtml_frames, xhtml_strict, xhtml_basic, xhtml_11, xhtml_2,...

Isn't it more confusing for integrators/administrators to use a new
doctype name without an underscore?
I honestly don't see the reason for an extra option in two major
versions, deprecation and the whole circus for this.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert