[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #16919: Catalan flag is replaced by Canadian flag

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Fri Jan 14 13:00:39 CET 2011

Hi,

On 14-1-2011 11:31, Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
> Jigal, that is the source of the confusion that we are trying to
> tackle!! Our flags are NOT LANGUAGE flags, they are COUNTRY flags.
> Country "ca" = Canada. Please don't bring in that confusion again. :)

If you mean that the flags are *currently* country flags and not
language flags, then that is true.

Everywhere in TYPO3 the flags are used for languages; I see three solutions:

1. Create an API which can translate language codes (like the recently
introduced 'qc') to the appropriate flag name and can translate country
codes to the appropriate flag name

2. Use only language flags (rename everything to language codes)

3. Use two sets of flags, one for languages, one for countries

Because of the feature freeze I would say that 1. is not possible for
4.5 (unless...). 2. seems rather strange and 3. is a bit of an overkill

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert