[TYPO3-core] RFC #11238: Problem with $GLOBALS['TSFE']->recordRegister

Rik Willems rik at actiview.nl
Fri Jan 14 11:37:59 CET 2011

Hi everybody,

This is a SVN patch request.

Type: Feature
Bugtracker reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=11238
Branch: trunk

Problem:

As described in the report it is a known feature that the CONTENT
cObject only renders a called record once. The second and following
times the record is skipped. This is a feature to prevent infinite loops
from what I understood.

It can be annoying if you need to render records multiple times.

Solution:

I propose an extra property of the CONTENT cObject to skip this check
(recordRegister). This property also prevents this record to be added to
the recordRegister. Using it this way will be backwards compatible and
not interfere with normal TYPO3 operation.

Note:

I proposed on Forge to add the recordRegister as a comment to the
CONTENT cObject. Currently there is no mention and I was left in the
blank for why my records wouldn't show up.

Patch:

File 11238.diff attached to the bug report.

======

Thanks for looking into this.

Cheers! Rik