[TYPO3-core] FYI: #13319: Implement plupload

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Wed Jan 12 13:50:43 CET 2011

Hi Christian,

thanks for your response.

> One of the most important points is the overwriting of stuff, that
> should be plain and simple and I will try to add it as fast as possible.

Yes.. and the other points mentioned on top of the list (flash error
handling, html4 fallback) are also very important IMHO. I'd have
preferred to have more time for testing. Also I fear there are
configuration options in use out there, which are currently not reflected.

I don't want to raise too many expectations, but implementing the "Do
you want to overwrite" in the way, we are used to from our operating
systems (check, if file exists and ask before uploading) would be a
really neat improvement.

I just tried an IE6, no uploader appears due to JS error - not usable.
I tried IE8 (without Flash IIRC): Security error. (-400: undefined)
(might by the bug with the HTML4 upload URL).

Kind regards
Steffen

--
Steffen Gebert