[TYPO3-core] RFC Bug #16966: be_layout setting "none" is not working and be_layout should not be inherited automatically

Sebastian Fischer sf at marketing-factory.de
Wed Jan 12 10:03:17 CET 2011

On 11.01.2011 17:13, JoH asenau wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is a SVN patch request
>
> Type: Bugfix
>
> Bugtracker reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=16966
>
> Branches: trunk
>
> Problem:
>

> There are still two bugs with the current behaviour of be_layout and
> be_layout_next_level:
>
> 1. be_layout must affect the current page only - currently it affects
> subpages as well. be_layout_next_level must be used instead
> 2. be_layout setting "none" must stop the inheritance for the current
> page only while leaving behaviour of subpages as is
> 3. be_layout_next_level "none" must stop inheritance for subpages
> 4. currently "None" has no effect at all.
>
> Additionally this change will have people easily access the selected
> be_layout via TS levelfield, since they just have to check for the
> be_layout value of the current page and/or for possible
> be_layout_next_level values in the rootline.
>
> Attached patch will fix these bugs.
> Rootlinefields have been changed accordingly.
>
> Cheers
>
> Joey

-1 on reading

Also it could be discussed wether the behaviour of TV is annoying or not
it is a present concept that was learned by authors for a long time. It
would introduce a second concept and only leads to big efford in
supporting authors with this change and inconsistenc.

I agree that the new concept is argueable but it should be possible to
configure which concept should be used with preference on the
old/TV-behaviour.

Its about user expirience and not if its "annoying". So please dont
confuse the users that are already working with TV.

Greetings
Sebastian