[TYPO3-core] RFC: #14430: disable_controls = list makes fields 'write_once'

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Sat Jan 8 14:03:33 CET 2011

Hi Alexander,

 > 2. In my opinion it has a better usability, because you don't have to
 > delete the image first and than upload a new one but you can
 > directly upload a new file and replace the existing one.

I would like to see this behavior as the default one - it's more logical
and easier for the user.
Adding a configuration option is IMHO a no-go, not only because of the
different behavior.

The patch didn't apply anymore to trunk. I also changed it a bit to a)
not rely on the configuration option and b) prevent duplicated code.

However it doesn't really work.

Could you please have a look? As we're very close to the next release, I
would ask you to come up with this again after the release of 4.5.

Thanks!

Kind regards
Steffen

--