[TYPO3-core] RFC: #14430: disable_controls = list makes fields 'write_once'

Alexander Stehlik alexander.stehlik at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 7 21:15:29 CET 2011

Hi Steffen,

thanks for you reply.

>> +1 for testing the patch attached to
> Have you read Christian's comment?
Yes, but I think the showing the delete button isn't the best solution.
Since the other bug report is related to this issue i thought would be
ok, to use this patch, i hope this was right...

>> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=14432
>> I attached the patch from the related bug report.
> Could you explain, why the patch from the other bug report is better?
> The original patch differs very much from the new one.

Actually I think the other patch is better, because:

1. It does not change the current behavior of TYPO3 if you don't add
additional configuration

2. In my opinion it has a better usability, because you don't have to
delete the image first and than upload a new one but you can
directly upload a new file and replace the existing one.

Kind regards,
Alex