[TYPO3-core] RFC #17682 Bug: itemsProcFunc is not taken into account while generating labels for select items in the list module

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Sat Feb 26 14:25:49 CET 2011

Am 25.02.2011 23:10, schrieb Jigal van Hemert:
> Hi Joey,
>
> I'm a bit unsure about changing the items array in TCA itself. Can't we
> apply this itemsProcFunc at the location where they are displayed (on a
> copy of the data in TCA)?

I have to admit that I had the same thoughts but didn't manage to find a
solution so far. So I did some further testing how itemsProcFunc is
currently working and why it does not work in the list mode.

It seems that it is just the $row array, which is missing in some places
to make the itemsProcFunc work as expected. So I added it to

t3lib_BEfunc::getProcessedValueExtra
t3lib_BEfunc::getProcessedValue
and
t3lib_BEfunc::getLabelFromItemList

in a way so that itemsProcFunc can be used whithin getLabelFromItemList
while the rest of the parameters stays untouched to avoid a breaking change.

Attached is v3 of the patch that still gives the same results but with
less brute force on the global TCA array.

Cheers

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
Xing: http://contact.cybercraft.de