[TYPO3-core] RFC #17693 performace of cachingframework: alternative dbbackend

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Wed Feb 23 23:43:18 CET 2011

Hi,

On 23-2-2011 15:34, Bjoern Pedersen wrote:
> The problem is, that extensions (e.g. tt_news) also provide a setup for
> the cachingframework and supply the necessary tables. These extensions
> would break, if we just change the current class.

If an extension wants to use caching it has to know the table structure
(or even provide its own tables for it)??? That would be weird, wouldn't it?
What if the caching backend is not SQL based?

The API is the only thing which shouldn't change (or should be backwards
compatible), the implementation can change and this should not influence
extensions at all.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert