[TYPO3-core] RFC #17693 performace of cachingframework: alternative dbbackend

Bjoern Pedersen bjoern.pedersen at frm2.tum.de
Wed Feb 23 15:34:46 CET 2011

Am 23.02.2011 14:18, schrieb Ernesto Baschny [cron IT]:
> Hi,
>
> why is speed only an "alternative"? Why would anyone use a "slow
> alternative"? Any drawbacks your implementation has? Why not implement
> the speed improvements in the original db_backend? After all, we can
> change the fields of that table on a minor release (4.6), right?
>
> Cheers,
> Ernesto

That's what the patch more or less does:
1) Introduce new class
2) change the core caches to new db layout
3) use the new class as default for the core.

Actually I see now that I have to change cache_hash as well.
v2 is attached.

The problem is, that extensions (e.g. tt_news) also provide a setup for
the cachingframework and supply the necessary tables. These extensions
would break, if we just change the current class.

Björn