[TYPO3-core] RFC #17531: htmlMail - Can't send mails on port based systems with Swiftmailer substitution

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Feb 21 22:51:22 CET 2011

Stefan Galinski schrieb am 21.02.2011 22:19:

>> On 9-2-2011 22:28, Stefan Galinski wrote:
>>> Solution:
>>> Use the code from Swift for the message id generation.
>>
>> Or would it be better if the Swift Mailer Adapter just ignored ID
>> headers? Swift Mailer will create an ID anyway if no ID was set.
>>
>> Is there any use case in TYPO3 where ID headers contain essential
>> information which *must* absolutely be part of the mail which is sent?

> Maybe, but at least this code does it's job fine and don't forget that this
> is already a deprecated API and not worth much work. If you think that
> removing the check is a better idea than just provide another patch. I
> didn't looked very deep into the implementation details of this transition
> layer.

Ok, two situations:

substituteOldMailAPI=1 (default) => SwiftMailer would create a RFC
conformant Message-Id if none was set, but will *choke* (Exception) if
we pass it a non-conformant Message_ID (like htmlmail currently does in
the given situation).

substituteOldMailAPI=0 => no SwiftMailer comes into play. So we need to
create a correct Message-Id anywhere here.

So the solution from Stefan is perfectly fine (in my eyes), as it copes
with both situation with the minimal hassle (no Exceptions anymore and
RFC conforming Message-ID in case of substituteOldMailAPI=0).

+1 by reading.

And Jigal, if you have the time to check this out and find it ok, I
propose to commit it right away.

Cheers,
Ernesto