[TYPO3-core] RFC #17531: htmlMail - Can't send mails on port based systems with Swiftmailer substitution

Stefan Galinski sgalinski at df.eu
Mon Feb 21 22:19:31 CET 2011

Jigal van Hemert wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 9-2-2011 22:28, Stefan Galinski wrote:
>> Solution:
>> Use the code from Swift for the message id generation.
>
> Or would it be better if the Swift Mailer Adapter just ignored ID
> headers? Swift Mailer will create an ID anyway if no ID was set.
>
> Is there any use case in TYPO3 where ID headers contain essential
> information which *must* absolutely be part of the mail which is sent?

Maybe, but at least this code does it's job fine and don't forget that this
is already a deprecated API and not worth much work. If you think that
removing the check is a better idea than just provide another patch. I
didn't looked very deep into the implementation details of this transition
layer.

--
Stefan Galinski
staatl. geprüfter Informatiktechniker