[TYPO3-core] RFC #16006: Feature - Remove the checkbox that clears the input fields in TCE-forms and replace it with a sprite icon

Alexander Stehlik alexander.stehlik at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 17 16:35:35 CET 2011

Hi François,

thanks for the reply and opening the issue.

I checked the current trunk and at the moment the clear button is
rendered in all input fields.

The checkbox Option is not used at all and if this is the desired
behaviour it should also be removed from
t3lib_TCEforms::getSingleField_typeInput. If nobody objects I will file
a new bug for cleaning this up.

Otherwise I will file a new bug that the checkbox option should be
respected again by only rendering the clear button if this setting is true.

Kind regards,
Alex