[TYPO3-core] RFC #16006: Feature - Remove the checkbox that clears the input fields in TCE-forms and replace it with a sprite icon

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Thu Feb 17 15:35:31 CET 2011

Hi Alexander,

> Another thing I noticed: There is a bug in this patch that makes the
> checkbox option completely obsolete:
>
> if (isset($config['checkbox'])) {
> }
>
> This check is always true because if "checkbox" was not set in the
> configuration it is defaulted to an empty string or "0". The result ist,
> that the clear button is shown in all input fields no matter if checkbox
> was configured or not.
>
> If this is the desired behaviour the checkbox configuration can be
> removed completely and also the documentation for this feature can be
> updated that this option is not available any more for 4.5.

You're right, this is a change of behavior. As far as I can tell this
was intentional and I think the original behavior was rather weird.
However there's something about a second patch in the original post,
which I will follow up on.

In the meantime I have opened an issue in the TCA reference tracker in
order not to forget to update the description:

http://forge.typo3.org/issues/13137

Cheers

--

Francois Suter