[TYPO3-core] RFC #4759: Incorrect values of colPos, sys_language_uid and sorting after moving records in web > list

Stanislas Rolland typo3 at sjbr.ca
Tue Feb 8 17:41:05 CET 2011

Hi Steffen,
> looking at would you've done crosschecking tcemain and co what you've
> done sounds reasonable to me. I got a question:
> In v1 you fixed "moveL10nOverlayRecords" internally to ignore destPid
> always moving translation records after to original one.
>
> In v2 you do not "fix" this function anymore, but adapt 2 calls of it,
> by handing over another $destPid value.

I think it is the other way around: I fixed this function in  the second
version (v2) so that the localization records get inserted in the
correct order.

> Could you explain, why it makes sense to keep the function with
> possibilities to create struggle?

You may be right. Since the localization records should always be moved
after the record they localize, we could ignore (and deprecate in trunk)
the third parameter of this function and just use -$uid (using the
second parameter) as $destPid, as in attached v3.

Regards,
Stan