[TYPO3-core] RFC #12998: Bug: add icons for MS Office 2007 Documents

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Sun Feb 6 00:00:34 CET 2011

> Bugtracker references:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=12998
>
> Branches:
> TYPO3_4-4&  TYPO3_4-5&  trunk
>
> Problem:
> MS Office 2007 Documents are not displayed with the correct file icon because TYPO3 doesn't know the file extensions (docm, docx, dotm, dotc, pptm, pptx, potm, potx, ppsx, xlsm, xlsx, xltm, xltx). Also the file extensions dot and pps from previous MS Office versions are missing.
>
> Solution:
> Add the filetypes in t3lib/stddb/tables.php to the $FILEICONS array and the gif-files I've created to typo3/gfx/fileicons/.

Hi Tobias,

as the other Steffen already pointed out, the icons are rendered in a
different way since 4.4 and also use a different styling.

However, you spotted correctly that there is *no* icon for word
documents (while excel and powerpoint exists..).

For 4.4 we had the decision to not ship an updated sprite. However, I
don't think that's a good one and we will not hold this for 4.5.

So I propose the attached change for 4-5+trunk, bringing a word icon and
adding it for the mentioned file extensions. Also excel and powerpoint
icons get wired with the 20(07|10) file extensions.
The zip file contains the images.

Kind regards
Steffen

--