[TYPO3-core] Move contrib/ out of typo3/

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Thu Dec 8 23:18:16 CET 2011

Hi,

On 8-12-2011 16:48, Christian Welzel wrote:
> while building packages for debian i stumbled over a problem with
> contrib/. In typo3/ there is a file GPL.txt which implies, the whole
> content of the directory and its sub directories is GPL licensed.
> But most of the packages in contrib/ are not.

As far as I am aware all packages are GPL compatible. Let me check:

- codemirror : seems even more relaxed than GPL
- extjs : GPL 3
- flashmedia : GPL 2 or later
- flowplayer : includes a message from author that it is GPL2
- idna : LGPL
- jsmin : MIT, but there is controversy about the good/evil line; may be
dropped in 4.7 also because of performance reasons
- modernizr : MIT + BSD
- pear : new BSD
- prototype : MIT
- RemoveXSS : public domain
- scriptaculous : more relaxed than GPL
- swfupload : MIT
- swiftmailer : GPL2 exception included
- videojs : GPL 3
- websvg : apache license 2

According to the Free Software Foundation GPL, LGPL, MIT, modified BSD,
public domain and Apache License are GPL compatible.

Can you explain a bit more which packages are problematic?

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert.