[TYPO3-core] Incubator troubles

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Thu Dec 1 12:26:17 CET 2011

Jigal van Hemert schrieb am 01.12.2011 12:01:

>>> =======PULL==========
>>>
>>> After that I tried a pull (just like I do for the normal Core) and
>>> this seems to be the cause for the 322 or so commits.
>>
>> Can you post the exact command you use?
>
> git.exe pull -v --progress     "origin" master
>
> From git://git.typo3.org/TYPO3v4/Incubator
> * branch            master     -> FETCH_HEAD
> First, rewinding head to replay your work on top of it...
> Applying: [FEATURE] Initialize graphics handlers
> Success
>
> The Pulled log showed indeed 323 revision(s), from revision 994b01 to
> revision 97d228 .

Which is normal, because you have pulled and merged the changes from
"master" into your local branch "project-graphicslibrary".

The "project-graphicslibrary" branch on origin is currently behind the
current "master" by these 322 commits. You can see which these are like
this:

  git log origin/project-graphicslibrary..HEAD

I have currently no information on how the "Incubator" projects workflow
is set up, but "someone" has to keep the branches up-to-date with the
"Incubator-master" so that they don't get out of sync (and someone has
to keep the "Incubator-master" up-to-date with our "TYPO3v4-master"). I
suppose Olly or Peter can give you the answers to these.

If you can push stuff without generating "reviews" in Gerrit, you could
just "push" these 322 commits to the origin/project-graphicslibrary
branch (which will also include your "[FEATURE] Initialize graphics
handlers" feature on "top" of that) and you are in sync again.

Cheers,
Ernesto