[TYPO3-core] Additional branches on Git

Markus Klein klein.t3 at mfc-linz.at
Tue Apr 5 18:52:16 CEST 2011

> On 04.04.2011, at 12:28, Steffen Gebert wrote:
> > I would support people creating branches for projects, however it should
> be visible that they are not "official branches" (might be buggy/malicious).
>
> Well, it says "sandbox" and you need to type/copy that to pull this. Of
> course, in the end, stupidity and ignorance win, but...
>
> > One thing might be the space consumption.. if sb. puts in a 100MB file,
> everybody retrieves it..
>
> Or you could be hit by a rock. Come on, be positive. :)

Sorry, but I can share Steffen's concerns here. You may have a simple clone on your machine and it sounds quite useless to me, that all sandboxes are retrieved once you say git pull.
If one's really interested into the sandbox-branches of other devs, he can pull them from somewhere else.

I'm not sure whether "private" dev branches should be present in the official repository of a product anyway.

Regards
Markus