[TYPO3-core] Additional branches on Git

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Apr 4 15:56:31 CEST 2011

Jigal van Hemert schrieb am 04.04.2011 14:14:
(...)

> Making a release branch at feature freeze would be a nice idea.
> Development could even continue in some areas, while bugfixing takes
> place in this branch. After the release the release branch can be
> removed. (...)

This could have been done in the past also (with SVN), but wasn't done
on purpose: We have limited resources, and after feature freeze we want
people to actively work on bug fixing the currently being developed
release (4.6 now), instead of "wasting" resources in working on yet
another new feature for the next release (4.7 or later).

Of course this doesn't mean development "halts", but we should focus on
the important bug fixing phase by keeping this the "master" branch until
the release.

just my opinion...

Cheers,
Ernesto