[TYPO3-core] RFC: #15811: Backend feels slower than it had to feel! Make it appear to be faster again!

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Sep 27 14:39:14 CEST 2010

Hi!

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
> But you have argued yourself that the browsers already give you a hint
> that "something" is being loaded. Why have that in the top bar also?

Well, I do not say that there is one best solution, I am trying to find
something that looks good :)

So far we lived with normal frame loading and people are used to that. So
there is no real need for that "wait" mask if the frame is loaded for the
first time. If the frame send the message using ajax, it is different
because there is no normal visual feedback (such as temporary empty frame).
In such case we have to provide some indication of the loading.

For example, when users press on the page in the tree, there is no need to
show "wait" in the right frame because people should be able to see the
left menu. However when data is submitted using ajax in the right frame,
there should additional indication because the frame will not behave the
way users expect when they press the button.

In other words, indication is only necessary when behavior is different
from the typical user's experience. This is what I try to say.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core&security team member