[TYPO3-core] RFC: #15811: Backend feels slower than it had to feel! Make it appear to be faster again!

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Sep 27 14:14:17 CEST 2010

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb am 27.09.2010 12:11:

> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> There is a general mask (we use now) but it lacks configuration
>
> You can supply a class for it to provide a better background image, for
> example.
>
> Another thing we could do is to apply the mask to Ext.getBody(). This would
> mask the whole Backend but I think it is better than individual frames (two
> wait indicators are worse than one). That would require a function in the
> top frame that counts "mask"/"unmask" requests.

But you have argued yourself that the browsers already give you a hint
that "something" is being loaded. Why have that in the top bar also?

I would rather be more interested to know where something is going to
happen (in which frame), which is what is currently happening, but not
so intrusively. Not many supporters to that idea, I guess. :)

Cheers,
Ernesto