[TYPO3-core] RFC #0015731: Bug: TCE_Forms Select & group fields remove item bug

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Sep 20 09:51:16 CEST 2010

Hi!

Aske wrote:
> Having selected multiple items in a group or select field. Then trying to remove a single item results in removing all the items.

I can't confirm the issue. I opened page properties and selected a single
item in the 'Content' field. Then I pressed 'Remove' icon and a single
element was removed.

> This validates the if if there's more than 1 elements in the selected options.

The 'length' property tells how many <option> elements are inside the
<select> element, not how many of them are selected. So I do not see how
this patch changes anything ~unless~ select or group element has multiple
items and size=1.

I think you should describe how exactly to reproduce the issue.

> Patch is made with replacing fObjSel.size with var l. The diff is made inside typo3/t3lib/ comparing the trunk and fixed trunk version.

Please, make patches relative to the TYPO3 root directory, not to t3lib/.
Making them relative to TYPO3 directory simplifies aplying of the patch. If
the patch does not apply from the first try, the chances that it will never
be tested increases.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core&security team member