[TYPO3-core] RFC: #15711: Render ModuleMenu with ExtJs, remove the frameset

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Fri Sep 17 12:05:50 CEST 2010

Hi Ernesto,

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:
> Hi Steffen,
>
> looks great, and thanks also to Galinski for his in depth review. One
> comment:
>
> Steffen Kamper schrieb am 17.09.2010 11:39:
>
>>> ## PageTree ##
>>> ##############
>>>
>>> - "MountAsTreeRoot" context menu option does nothing
>>> - "Hide/Unhide" via context menu does nothing
>>> - "Edit" via context menu option does nothing
>>> - "Cut&Copy&Paste" via context menu does nothing
>>> - "Delete" via context menu does nothing
>>> - "MoreOptions->Access" opens with wrong URL (subdirectory issue?)
>> all fixed
>
> I had been looking at that stuff right now too. You fixed it by adding
> to typo3/js/modulemenu.js:
>
> top.content = {
>                 location:
> TYPO3.Backend.ContentContainer.getIframe().location,
> }
>
> (btw, indent this with a tab also). And then you changed
> typo3/alt_clickmenu.php so that it always renders in the "list_frame".

i still search for these auto-formating stuff in phpStorm, this was more
easy in ZEND ;)

> My comments:
>
> 1) if you are changing that, you might as well change it to
> TYPO3.Backend.ContentContainer.getIframe() once and for all, so that at
> least this part doesn't rely on backwards compatibility hacks.

i didn't for now to check the backward compatibility.
Also i think it's a legal shortcut to use top.list_frame or top.list.

> 2) also extensions might have added stuff to the click-menu and copied
> these JS snippets from the core in the past. To keep them working,
> another top.content definition is needed in the "backwards
> compatibility" stuff:
>
> top.content.document: TYPO3.Backend.ContentContainer.getIframe();
>

> If you add that, you don't even need to change alt_clickmenu.php from
> our original trunk one (thus proving that it is backwards compatible) ;)

i first did, but the way it was done before doesn't work anymore. The
script tried to find the url from the frameset which isn't present any more.
I think there are very rare extensions using own context menu, and they
can change it. Anyway if we get a new context menu, this will change
again. So i didn't wrote a big workaround for this now.

> Other than that, I will give a deeper review later that afternoon.

great, thanks!

vg Steffen