[TYPO3-core] RFC: #15711: Render ModuleMenu with ExtJs, remove the frameset

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Wed Sep 15 13:50:48 CEST 2010

Hi,

this is a SVN patch request.

Type: Feature

BT Reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=15711

Branches: trunk

This is a refactor of BE module navigation. The menu is rendered with
ExtJs producing the same markup as before (only removed an unnecessary div)
There is no inline javascript anymore with the module switcher, as all
navigation info is loaded in an ExtJS Store.

On top of module menu is docheader first row which is result of ourt
design team.

The frameset is removed completely, instead our navigation panel is used
for navigation tree. Also navigation tree is only refreshed if the url
changes.
I added loading masks to show loading, therefore i changed the loading
mask background, as it was black before.

The javascript is backwards compatible, so all modules using old
javascript still works.

Navigation panel is now collapsible and resizable, Menu panel is
prepared to have the same, and there will be a solution in one of the
next steps.
So i want to bring this in, as it looks the same as before, but speeds
up the BE a lot.

Remark: visuals like loading mask or splitbar will be modified later by
design team, anyway i would like to bring it in now to get expirience
with the new navigation.

If you want to explore the data in Store, simply open Firebug console
and type:
ModuleMenu.Store (Strg + return)

vg Steffen