[TYPO3-core] RFC: #15110: Validation warnings with sprites

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Sun Sep 5 17:23:02 CEST 2010

On 04.09.10 00:28, Steffen Kamper wrote:
> Hi Ernesto,
>
> Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:
>> Apart from that, the DB list module has other much more critical
>> invalidities, for example the <div> of the context menu inside a <a>
>> tag, which is invalid. I wonder why we have this again, since I thought
>> it to be fixed in #6995 in 2008 already (for 4.2). See my post from that
>> time from 28.12.2007 10h31. I have no time today to dig that further...
>>

> This happened here:
> http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3v4-core/repository/revisions/7893/diff/trunk/t3lib/class.t3lib_befunc.php

Can you enlighten me, what was done in 7893? There's no change in ChangeLog.

I only saw the CSH and span/div issue. I remember a problem with putting
a h2 into a div/span into an <a> tag. It will always be invalid, I
think. Only please make sure to test this in every browser (IE6!), as
IIRC there was a reason to pick div and not span (remember me discussion
this issue also with Benni). But we only had one clear solution in mind:
ExtJS tooltips for the next release ;-)

If you tested, I'm fine with.. I'm just at catching up all the posts of
last week (so no time to investigate so deep ;-)).

Kind regards
Steffen

--
Steffen Gebert