[TYPO3-core] RFC: #15110: Validation warnings with sprites

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri Sep 3 20:14:29 CEST 2010

Stefan Galinski schrieb am 26.07.2010 20:48:
>>> Type: Bugfix (tiny)
>>>
>>> Bugtracker references:
>>> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=15110
>>>
>>> Branches: 4_4, Trunk
>
> +1 by reading and testing (in Fx, Opera and the IE series) with the
> following version that fixes the disappearance of the icons in IE6 and 7.
>
> Note: The icons can be selected in the 6 and 7, but both browsers are not
> that important anymore and have much more distracting issues than this. ;-)

Hi,

I am not sure what the validation bug is. An empty-span is not a problem
in XHTML, is it? Or does it fix some rendering on certain browsers?  Why
do we want to validate "strict", if we are rendering "XHTML 1.0
Transitional"?

Apart from that comment, +1 on reading and testing, so I commited:

rev 8749 (will be in 4.5alpha2).

Apart from that, the DB list module has other much more critical
invalidities, for example the <div> of the context menu inside a <a>
tag, which is invalid. I wonder why we have this again, since I thought
it to be fixed in #6995 in 2008 already (for 4.2). See my post from that
time from 28.12.2007 10h31. I have no time today to dig that further...

Cheers,
Ernesto