[TYPO3-core] RFC #15621: Feature: TYPO3 misses page-option to force SSL oder Non-SSL to page

Christian Futterlieb christian.futterlieb at agenturamwasser.ch
Thu Sep 2 11:35:30 CEST 2010

Hi list!

On 02.09.2010 09:52, Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Another thing I thought of is that we should use HTTP status code 303 if
> there is something in $_POST. The reason for this is that redirection with
> 301 will not work properly for forms. 303 will. I do not insist on that but
> it can be a good free convenience for users :)

I think that this point could be very important. As explained in RFC
2616, the 303 header code is expicitely used for redirections with POST
data [1].

Maybe it would make sense to implement something like this:

if(!empty($_POST)) {
    $headerCode = t3lib_utility_Http::HTTP_STATUS_303;
} else {
    $headerCode = t3lib_utility_Http::HTTP_STATUS_301;
}

Regards

Christian

[1] http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec10.html#sec10.3.4