[TYPO3-core] RFC #15580: Add calls to logDeprecatedFunction() for more deprecated functions

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Sep 1 15:55:51 CEST 2010

Steffen Ritter schrieb am 28.08.2010 08:50:
> Am 28.08.2010 08:38, schrieb Sebastian Michaelsen:
>> Should we at the same time update the "will be removed in 4.x" messages?
>>
>> Functions that had no deprecation log so far should not be removed in
>> 4.6. Because if the deprecation log is empty a webmaster would not think
>> to break his installation on an update.
>>
> I don't think so.... There are several "breaking changes" in pipeline
> which are postponed to 4.6 due tue 4.5 LTS beeing a more "business
> version" which should not do such.
> Therefore "this breaking behaviour" is expected in 4.6. And due to LTS
> you have a long time to adapt your installations :)

Exactly. We won't remove "deprecated functions" in 4.5 yet. We will even
continue supporting IE6 in 4.5. So this is the "last version" where we
carry on that fat.

We can trim down the code starting in 4.6 (no IE6 support, removing all
deprecated funciton etc..) Will be a very fun release, I would say!!

Cheers,
Ernesto