[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature 16170: Increase DB-fields spaceBefore and spaceAfter

Henrik Ziegenhain mail at h3nn3s.info
Sat Oct 30 08:29:15 CEST 2010

Am 29.10.2010 15:17, schrieb Steffen Gebert:
> Hi Hendrik,
Hi Steffen,

> Do we really need this in core? IMHO it's quite uncommon to deal with
> such big numbers. Why not create a tiny extension for that, which
> extends the field?
I could not answer your questions, because I don`t know how other people
work with this fields. But for us this enhancement would be very useful.
We use spaceAfter and -Before quite often. In the last months there were
a few projects where we needed more than 255px.
Expect an 2col layout: left col holds description of products and the
right one has a picture at the beginning of a new product block. In my
eyes this is only one of many scenarios.

> Would be a clean solution and keep too specialized things out of core -
> correct me, if you see the need for many people, please!
Same us Marcus, I don`t think this is very special and uncommon. This
only extends two already existing field. Not really a bug, but it also
isn`t a new feature.

Regards
Henrik (not Hendrik ;-) )