[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature 16170: Increase DB-fields spaceBefore and spaceAfter

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Fri Oct 29 15:17:55 CEST 2010

> BT: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=16170
>
> Branches: trunk
>
> Problem:
> Sometimes it is necessary to enter more than 255px margin before or
> after a CE.
> At the moment the corresponding fields in DB are tinyint which can only
> hold 255 as maximum.
>
> Solution:
> Increase these fields to smallint, this should be enough :)

Hi Hendrik,

thanks for your patch.

Do we really need this in core? IMHO it's quite uncommon to deal with
such big numbers. Why not create a tiny extension for that, which
extends the field?
Would be a clean solution and keep too specialized things out of core -
correct me, if you see the need for many people, please!

Kind regards
Steffen

--
Steffen Gebert