[TYPO3-core] RFC #16011: Feature: getUrl function needs support for sending POST data

Susanne Moog typo3 at susannemoog.de
Sat Oct 23 21:45:56 CEST 2010

On 23.10.2010 21:31, Marcus Krause wrote:
> François Suter schrieb am 10/23/2010 08:54 PM Uhr:
>> Hi,
>>
>>> Committed to trunk in rev 9196, after my +1 by reading and testing.
>>
>> I was interested in reviewing that feature, but never found the time.
>> However I'm still a bit puzzled. It seems to me that POST support was
>> added only when cURL is in use and not regular HTTP. Is that right or
>> did I miss something?
>
> This is right. At least for fsockopen POST is not considered.
> -> Only POST in cURL is/was considered for this patch.
>
> IMHO, this needs to be reverted and the patch some rework!

you are right, I did not pay enough attention (sorry!), because I always
use cURL and therefore did not think about "other" ways. I see multiple
possibilities here:
a) adjust the comment to make it clear that it's only possible to
attache postVars to cURL requests
b) revert the patch and drop it
c) add the missing functionality for "normal" requests (I already tried
that the last half hour but without success, I remember now why we are
always using cURL ;))

I'd like to see (c) but I am not sure if I can get that to work, anybody
knows more about this stuff?

Susanne