[TYPO3-core] RFC #15511: Bug: fixed some admPanel issues

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Tue Oct 19 21:36:09 CEST 2010

Hi,

Michael Bürgi schrieb:

>> the override.preview = 1 is mentioned in the docs:
>
> I think the documentation is not exact in that concern: it doesn't say
> "use override.preview = 1", it says "use .preview = 1". I think that
> this note was meant to be "use enable.preview = 1" not "override.preview
> = 1" - kind of a backreference to the enable-property a few lines
> further up. otherwise it wouldn't make much sense.

the main point is that in this case "preview" is a module, and each
module has to be enabled by .[modulename] = 1.
override is only a prefix for a kind of setting.

I also discussed this internally, and it should be this way, either
admPanel is hided or not:

override: this settings should be permanent, no chance to change with
GET or admPanel
Any other setting is an initial setting which can be changed with
admPanel / GET

The documentation is not clear enough in this point, and the visual
admPanel doesn't reflect that. This is the reason i also want to have a
change:
Any override setting should be disabled in admPanel (or hidden)
Any setting should be visible in admPanel as initial value

So i didn't forgot this issue, but had priority to other tasks before
the alpha3.

vg Steffen