[TYPO3-core] RFC #16031: Feature - Implement new layout and labels for tt_content as result of T3UXW09

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Mon Oct 18 10:43:01 CEST 2010

>> It implements a completely new structure for tabs, fieldsets, fields
>> and labels for the TCE form of tt_content via palettes and types
>> only.
> (...)
>> To test all different elements, uninstall CSS-styled-content to avoid
>> elements being disabled.
>
> Maybe it's because I didn't uninstall this, but with the Text elements
> there was a section "Text" on the General tab which didn't contain any
> form elements.
> This triggered a warning in t3lib_TCEforms::printPalette() on line
> 5107 (no rows to print). Is the feature that empty sections would
> simply not
> be printed (remember that you told about this Friday?) not yet
> implemented?

I will have to check that. I guess there are some other extensions as well introducing their own TCA type settings with tabs and palettes.
So maybe you test this on a "naked" system to make sure it's not triggered by the change itself.

> Only other things is that in many cases the label next to a checkbox
> starts with an uppercase letter while it is supposed to form a single
> phrase together with the label above the checkbox:
>
> This field is
> [ ] Activated

We discussed this as well :-)
Since there might be more values than just one, the result of the discussion was to come up with uppercase, since the second one would'nt form a complete sentence anyway.

In most of the cases the label of a single checkbox is not defining the state but the action:

This field
[ ] Disable

This behaviour
[ ] Activate

instead of

Disable this field
[ ]

Which actually resembles something like

This field?
    Activate!

And for multiple checkboxes

This field?
    Activate!
    Disable!

But we didn't want to introduce punctuation marks and even the ":" has been removed.

> The overall change is far better than the situation before! Help text
> blocks are accessible again on mouseover. I'm not sure about the
> dotted underline, but I can't come up with a good alternative.

This will be the job of other patches, so the current CSS situation will of course be improved.
In this patch we "just" changed the HTML markup and the labels via TCA.

Thx for the feedback

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
Xing: http://contact.cybercraft.de